Sunday 1 March 2015

APNO KO APNE DUM PE JEENA SIKHAO

There is always this one person in your life, who is your
mentor your guide and your life support. Yes this is true, no matter how much
you deny this, but there has always been this one person who has helped you be
where you are today or accomplish your goals. No matter who it is, your father,
your brother, your mother, your sister, your husband, your aunt or uncle, it
can be anyone. This is one person who has made you self-reliant.



Today when I got this opportunity to acknowledge that one
person in my life, I immediately decided to grab this one and pen it down
through my writings. Your parents have always been your inspiration and your
guide but for me it has been my husband. He made my self-reliant. I come from a
family where I have always been much pampered and well taken care of. I being
the youngest in the family has always been one of the reason for this.

Well, it was all difficult when I got married as my husband
was very different in his thinking and wanted me to be more independent than
dependent. Even if it meant for the smallest of things, he ensured that I was
not relying on him in any manner and at the same time he made me feel secure as
well. There was a reason to this well because we shifted to another country
altogether, a country which was new to me and to him as well. It wasn’t that
difficult for him as he was used to travelling places more often than me, but
it was a challenge for me. From the very basic of eating to speaking, I felt
challenged. We shifted to Canada and the extreme climate and the basics put me
to test. That is where my husband guided me and put me to the test, I used to
be home alone and had nothing to do. He guided me to start of my making myself
well versed with the basics at least. I got myself enrolled in language classes
the first, and then moved on to discovering the place for my own. I started
travelling alone, by buses, by trains, only to get used to the country and
adapt it in every possible manner. I always knew this that my husband is doing
this for a reason, he wanted to ensure that I can live a life of my own and not
be dependent upon him, for we would soon have a family to raise. And hence I took
this challenge sportingly and went through this tough phase of getting out of
my comfort zone and started exploring things on my own. 

Today I have 2
children, and we have put the same values in them too. I now drive my kids to
places and plan out our weekend outings, for I am no more dependent. I am now a
self-reliant individual, I truly thank my husband for this.

This post is part of Happy Hour Contest in association with
HDFC LIFE. Please check out the link and video below.





















No comments:

Post a Comment